starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GERD/esophagitis and "forced cut"

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by KenG View Post
    Get a wedge pillow. It won’t help with your diet concerns, of course, but it will greatly reduce, and possibly even eliminate, the reflux from getting into your throat. Combined with not eating for three hours before bedtime it will cure the disease and keep you off the anti-gerd drugs. I know. I’ve had gerd for years but finally got it under control without medication when I bought the wedge pillow. They run $70 to $90 bucks, but are well worth it, and comfortable to boot.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a go. It is worst a couple of hours after going to bed, and this might actually help.

Pretty much have it in control now otherwise, we'll see what happens after going off the meds next week.

Best,
    -H

Hi,
    I just wanted to update and thank those who gave some good advice. I went off the PPIs last friday and aside from minor reflux when squatting after breakfast, the problems have more or less subsided. Complete elimination of caffeine seems to have had the most significant effect, and the second most important change was not eating after 7pm, followed by eliminating spicy foods. It seems that with caffeine gone, I can actually tolerate some greasy foods for lunch. I don't know if this is an excuse, but to get calories in, I have taken the habit of eating ice cream in the evening (I finish my meal about 6:30, and then get some for desert), as ice cream does not seem to cause problems.

I also stacked some pillows under my mattress so that the head-end is elevated. With these changes, I think I am finally back on track.

Thanks Robert, and everyone else who chipped in.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiedemies View Post
    Hi,
    I just wanted to update and thank those who gave some good advice. I went off the PPIs last friday and aside from minor reflux when squatting after breakfast, the problems have more or less subsided. Complete elimination of caffeine seems to have had the most significant effect, and the second most important change was not eating after 7pm, followed by eliminating spicy foods. It seems that with caffeine gone, I can actually tolerate some greasy foods for lunch. I don't know if this is an excuse, but to get calories in, I have taken the habit of eating ice cream in the evening (I finish my meal about 6:30, and then get some for desert), as ice cream does not seem to cause problems.

I also stacked some pillows under my mattress so that the head-end is elevated. With these changes, I think I am finally back on track.

Thanks Robert, and everyone else who chipped in.
    Thanks for the update buddy!! Glad you are feeling better and got a system down!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12