starting strength gym

Thread: Milk for massing - female

Default Milk for massing - female

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey all,

I'm new to SS. Just started LP this week. I'm coming off of two years of CF lifting. 33yo female. 16% BF.

I've done a cut and a mass (12 weeks each) through Renaissance Periodization. Currently on a maintenance while traveling and plan to start another 12 week mass next week, but now I'm wondering about milk, after reading in the SS book...

What would the female equivalent be of the general recommendation about a gallon of milk / day during noob gainz? I'm debating doing that instead of RP mass, just during LP anyway, as it appears to be recommended in the book.

TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueink View Post
    Hey all,

I'm new to SS. Just started LP this week. I'm coming off of two years of CF lifting. 33yo female. 16% BF.

I've done a cut and a mass (12 weeks each) through Renaissance Periodization. Currently on a maintenance while traveling and plan to start another 12 week mass next week, but now I'm wondering about milk, after reading in the SS book...

What would the female equivalent be of the general recommendation about a gallon of milk / day during noob gainz? I'm debating doing that instead of RP mass, just during LP anyway, as it appears to be recommended in the book.

TIA!
    Great question! So milk is included in the RP templates, you just have to read the q&A and do a little math. I'd suggest going with skim or lowfat and you should be fine.

Ah, thank you! Especially for the clarification re skim/lowfat. I'd assumed whole milk was the recommended solution. Onwards, soldiers!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueink View Post
    Ah, thank you! Especially for the clarification re skim/lowfat. I'd assumed whole milk was the recommended solution. Onwards, soldiers!
    You are very welcome! There are very few people that need to go whole. Rip has a video up clarifying this.

Fat tastes too good waste by drinking it.
    Last edited by Karl Schudt; 04-12-2018 at 11:55 PM.