starting strength gym

Thread: Weight Gain Road

Default Weight Gain Road

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Okay so Im on the road to weight gain and Im making this my #1 priority.

Weight: 140

Goal: 3000 + calories a day

I cant set the goal higher yet cause its going to take me a little to get used to it, but I think I found the perfect solution ... I love Butter and drink bullet coffee / tea every day ... so Im increasing drastically. I think itll be an easy goal, today Im aiming for one stick, tomorrow for 2 sticks in coffee and chai tea. 1 stick = 1600 calories, so I should hopefully be in the 3,200 range by the end of the week, on just butter alone.

Carbs are easy Ive hit over 300 a few months ago on a daily basis, but protein is going to be difficult. Hitting 200g is going to take my body time. But thats why Im focusing on Calories first, to just get that damn weight on.

Quote Originally Posted by plasma1010 View Post
    Okay so Im on the road to weight gain and Im making this my #1 priority.

Weight: 140

Goal: 3000 + calories a day

I cant set the goal higher yet cause its going to take me a little to get used to it, but I think I found the perfect solution ... I love Butter and drink bullet coffee / tea every day ... so Im increasing drastically. I think itll be an easy goal, today Im aiming for one stick, tomorrow for 2 sticks in coffee and chai tea. 1 stick = 1600 calories, so I should hopefully be in the 3,200 range by the end of the week, on just butter alone.

Carbs are easy Ive hit over 300 a few months ago on a daily basis, but protein is going to be difficult. Hitting 200g is going to take my body time. But thats why Im focusing on Calories first, to just get that damn weight on.
    Thanks for posting! What is your question buddy?

Sorry, whats a good way to increase protein ? I cant eat dairy (except butter) or peanut butter ... some suggested meat options maybe ... ?

Also, Im still reading on some forums from body builders that debate carbs and water vs. protein for putting on mass ... some people swear carbs and water are more important, and protein doesnt need to be as high as suggested ... thoughts ?

And as far as calories and increases, should I just monitor my weight eat week and up as necessary ?

Thanks

Sorry, whats a good way to increase protein ? I cant eat dairy (except butter) or peanut butter ... some suggested meat options maybe ... ?

Also, Im still reading on some forums from body builders that debate carbs and water vs. protein for putting on mass ... some people swear carbs and water are more important, and protein doesnt need to be as high as suggested ... thoughts ?

And as far as calories and increases, should I just monitor my weight eat week and up as necessary ?

Thanks
    First, water is the most vital nutrient so we definitely need that. Carbs drive performance in the gym and yes we don’t need extremely high protein intakes but somewhere in the ballpark of 175-250 g works well for most males and 100-150 g for most females. Animal proteins are the best for building muscle because they contain all of the essential amino acids so definitely eat meat. Supplement it if you have trouble eating large quantities of meat. Monitor your lifts and recovery. If you are struggling and everything else about your recovery is good then add more food. Body weight should go up gradually.

Thanks a lot I appreciate it

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks a lot I appreciate it
    You are very welcome!