starting strength gym

Thread: Fat intake question

Default Fat intake question

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey Robert,
    I am a bit confused with the fat intake, from what I have read in these subforum protein and carbs are highly correlated with performance, muscle gain and retention. Fats are not, if I understand correctly you don't recommend a minimum intake for fats.
    Does that mean I should eat as little fat as possible? If not, can you recommend me an appropriate intake (either as percentage or weight based)?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    Hey Robert,
    I am a bit confused with the fat intake, from what I have read in these subforum protein and carbs are highly correlated with performance, muscle gain and retention. Fats are not, if I understand correctly you don't recommend a minimum intake for fats.
    Does that mean I should eat as little fat as possible? If not, can you recommend me an appropriate intake (either as percentage or weight based)?
    I don’t recommend a minimum intake because there is a very low probability that anyone will accidentally undereat fat. I’d say if you stay above 30 grams you’ll be good to go.

When does someone overeat fats? Is every gram of fat past 30 an overeaten gram of fat that could have been gone to carbs or protein?

When does someone overeat fats? Is every gram of fat past 30 an overeaten gram of fat that could have been gone to carbs or protein?
    No.

I see, so when does someone overeat on fats? Can you provide a percentage of total calories or bodyweight based reference?

I see, so when does someone overeat on fats? Can you provide a percentage of total calories or bodyweight based reference?
    >30-35% of total calories. As a general guideline, if you’re under 100 grams of fat you are probably good.

Oh I see, thanks Robert.

starting strength coach development program
    Oh I see, thanks Robert.
    You are very welcome Martin!