starting strength gym

Thread: Greens Supplement

Default Greens Supplement

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Robert,

I was wondering what your thoughts are on taking a Greens Supplement (like a product such as "Amazing Grass"). I try to get veggies in at every meal, but I tend to stick to things like broccoli and leafy greens. The list of ingredients in these supplements is huge, and I'm not sure if it's worth taking if I'm already eating 3-4 servings of greens already.

Thanks for everything you post here! Great info!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev_Chucktown View Post
    Hi Robert,

I was wondering what your thoughts are on taking a Greens Supplement (like a product such as "Amazing Grass"). I try to get veggies in at every meal, but I tend to stick to things like broccoli and leafy greens. The list of ingredients in these supplements is huge, and I'm not sure if it's worth taking if I'm already eating 3-4 servings of greens already.

Thanks for the kind words man!

So in general If you are eating lots of fruits and vegetables than you prolly don’t need this. That being said, it can’t hurt by any means.

Hi Robert,

First, I agree with Coach Santana.
    Then, I think 3-4 servings of greens is pretty impressive, I don't think many people get that much. So I'd say you of all people probably don't need a greens Supplement and can save the $$$.

This thread reminded me of a gem of wisdom, something a friend said some 15 years ago, regarding Spirulina: "A table spoon of Spirulina every day is the fountain of eternal life. But, with a spoonful of Spirulina every day, you'll soon want to die." This Grass Supplement you're talking about is probably less vile, though.

That makes sense to me, thank you!

That makes sense to me, thank you!
    You are welcome!