starting strength gym

Thread: What is the formula for figuring % of daily Macros?

Default What is the formula for figuring % of daily Macros?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Robert,
    What is the calculator "recipe", steps, or formula for figuring out one's daily macro amounts
    from a caloric daily total? (How many grams of the total were carbs, protein, etc.)
    I've been using a clumsy method using 1% and figuring from that but there must be an
    easier/more accurate method. Couldn't find one online but being a calculexic I may
    just not be phrasing my searches correctly. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Inverstone View Post
    Hi Robert,
    What is the calculator "recipe", steps, or formula for figuring out one's daily macro amounts
    from a caloric daily total? (How many grams of the total were carbs, protein, etc.)
    I've been using a clumsy method using 1% and figuring from that but there must be an
    easier/more accurate method. Couldn't find one online but being a calculexic I may
    just not be phrasing my searches correctly. Thank you!
    Thanks for posting! There is no one way to do it but I typically start with protein and aim for 0.8-1.2 g/lb depending on the person. That usually equates to ~20% of the diet. Then from there you just figure out carb and fat percentages. I typically aim for at least 50% from carb and then whatever is left will come from fat.

Thanks Robert. This is essentially what I've been doing. Just wanted to improve my mathematical linear progression too ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Inverstone View Post
    Thanks Robert. This is essentially what I've been doing. Just wanted to improve my mathematical linear progression too ;-)
    Never a bad thing to do! Ultimately, consistency is more important than accuracy when it comes to dietary self monitoring.