Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Macros/Meal Plan confusions

Default Macros/Meal Plan confusions

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Happy Monday everyone!
    I need help
    I recently got certified in Nutrition. (and currently Im working on Becoming a personal trainer.)
    after watching a few youtube videos, i became confused by some of the information people were posting which leads to my question here.

How should I calculate a proper macros plan for someone ( i know everyone is different)
    How should I properly calculate the amount of protein a client should take?
    based on their activity level..
    one of the videos i watched said .6 x body weight for non active people, .8 x (multiply) body weight for somewhat active, and 1g x body weight for cutting fat/building muscle.

and caloric deficit was thrown into the mix, after that.
    leaving me and scratching my head.

As well as some videos said calculate in the order of protein first, then fat, then carbs.
    other calculate carbs, then protein, then fats.

I cant expect for myself to be at a 10 year coaching level,
    but im wanting to find the proper way of doing meal planning, as I got certified to help people on their journey to healthy living, and healthy eating.

Could anyone help!

Thank you,
    Maria

Who certified you? Don't they have answers for this? What are you certified to do?

nccpt,
    i have only done nutrition they do offer a personal training one but i havent done that one.

they give you the basics of what you need to know, but they dont go in depth with meal prepping for comp, or while someone is training..

From their website:

Nutrition - 11%
    Macro & Micronutrients
    Client Dietary Assessment
    Ergogenic Aids and Supplements
    Meal Planning
    Understanding Nutritional Labels

It seems they didn't do what they promised. Can you get a refund?

I suggest that you'll get a better education reading Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training, Practical Programming, The Barbell Prescription, Rip's Q&A, this forum, Andy Baker's stuff, anything from the Greysteel youtube channel, Westminster Strength and Conditioning, the Barbell Logic Podcast. Read carefully, listen to the people who have experience doing what you want to do, and you'll do much better than the NCCPT.

idk if i could.

thank you.

(general working guidelines: 1g protein per lb of bodyweight, keep the fat around 30% of total energy or lower, adjust carbs as necessary.)
    Last edited by Karl Schudt; 11-16-2018 at 12:16 PM.

thank you.
    thats helpful.
    i appreciate that

Not trying to be rude, but if you don't even know what your doing for yourself, you've got no place charging people to pretend you know what they should be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd90 View Post
    Not trying to be rude, but if you don't even know what your doing for yourself, you've got no place charging people to pretend you know what they should be doing.
    Lloyd90, she knows. She came to the right spot. It's the people who don't know that they don't know who are the problem.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd90 View Post
    Dear Lloyd, your comment does sound a little rude. but so you have "peace of mind!!".. I haven't started plans on anyone (nor "charging") or "Pretended" to be the greatest Nutritionist on the planet! until I know and feel comfortable on what I am doing..
    not to put my business out there or have to give you any explanations but I am a person that overthinks things, and I am a person who is a perfectionist.

I know what is like dealing with coaches who act and walk around like they know what they are doing and in reality they don't. example what happen to me!! I paid a nutritionist/trainer while prepping for a competition I wanted to do, not knowing about nutrition at that point little did I know then, that, that coach was having me eat 1100 cal daily while burning about 1000 which lead to a lot of health issues im a still dealing with and having to go under medical treatments for.
    but again I don't need to give you or anyone any explanations.
    I didn't come on this site to have anyone judge me or thing negative of me. If I passed my test is because I obtain enough knowledge on nutrition to know what I am doing. I just started doubting myself and what I had learned after going on youtube to further my knowledge by getting confused with all the different things people were putting on there.

I have been in the medical field for over 8 years and the reason I went into the field, and have recently certified in nutrition and am working on my personal training is to Help others.. I know what its like struggling with weight, I know what is like not having someone help and motivate you and guide you.
    Im not a psychologist but I am a caring person with a great heart, if I can be of any help I am always there. If I came asking for help it wasn't so I can say I know something that you may think I don't. I came asking for guidance and help so that I know how to NOT make a mistake.

Hope you have a good evening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast