starting strength gym

Thread: skinny fat need help

Default skinny fat need help

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I am in that skinny fat category. I am 53yo 182lbs and at 28%bf. I am looking to start a NLP and do not know where to have my calories and macros set to. I obviously need to lose bf but need to gain strength. Where do I start and do I adjust as I progress thru the NLP? Do I eat the same on the days I do not lift? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Start training! Don't try to lose weight while you are on the NLP, unless you are dangerously obese, which you aren't. Get stronger!

Assuming you are 5'10, I'd eat 200g of protein a day, keep caloric intake the same as you are doing now, and train hard. Good things will happen.

5'9, close enough. So just worry about my protein? Thanks!

Not quite. You're an older guy, and so calories will matter. Do you know how many calories a day you are eating now? This would be a useful number to have. You can figure it out by tracking every thing you eat for a week using one of the diet tracking apps. Then get 200g of protein, somewhere around 80g of fat, and the rest in carbs to match your calorie requirements. Your waist ought to start coming down. We don't care about your weight, and would actually like it to trend up.