starting strength gym

Thread: Macro Calculations For High BMI

Default Macro Calculations For High BMI

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I recently started the workout with the Starting Strength app and also started reading the book. In one of the other posts, a question was asked about the macro calculation and a video with Robert Santana & Barbell Logic was linked in one of the responses. I watched the video, and it was mentioned that anyone with a BMI less than 25 while being skinny fat should focus on getting stronger & not losing weight.

What is the recommendation for nutrition where you need to lose weight but are just beginning the Starting Strength program? My stats are:
    - 41 years old, Male
    - 6'3" 255 lbs at ~26% BF
    - BMI around 32; waist: 44 in
    - Currently taking in around 2000 calories during the week (200P, 80F, 120C) and not doing any specific diet on the weekends.

Are you currently training? What are your lifts? Are you gaining or losing weight?

I had been working out with a trainer for the first 6 months of the year doing various workouts every week and was down around 230 lbs from 245 last year. I started travelling a bit for work and fell out of my routine of working out and got up to 260 lbs. I came across a video with Rip talking about using starting strength to address low back pain. I started the starting strength program last week and have started at lower weights to make sure I get the form down before going too heavy. My last workout for squat was 115, shoulder press 95, deadlift 155, and bench 135. Sticking to the diet in my original post, I have been losing about a pound a week that I started in November but wasn't sure if I needed to increase a bit in order to keep increasing the weight on my lifts doing SS.

I think you should keep lifting at this point and get your numbers higher. You won't need to increase your food for a while. You aren't a kid, and you're already a bit "fluffy", so you don't need to do GOMAD. When you start to stall on the lifts, add some carbs back in. Say, 30-50g. Repeat as necessary.