starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weight Gain on novice program

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Schudt View Post
    Hey Richard, for those who have trouble gaining weight, I'm convinced that the eating is just about as difficult as the not-eating is for those who put on weight easily.
    Thank you for understanding. Gaining weight is hard work for us skinny bi**es. When I was a bit younger, I ate a 5500kcal/day diet when cutting weight.
    Now, I'm not cutting anymore. My life is a perma-bulk.

Well I don’t count calories but I’m up 2.1kg since last week. Must be doing something right! As long as the scales go up each week and not missing reps, that’s progress.

Hey man, I meant no mallice. Just think it would be nice to be 6’2” and 23 years old, two things I can never be! Hope you get to your goals, good luck!

Protein shakes are you friend here Sean. I buy the 11 lbs bags from myprotein.com (on Karl's recommendation). I put three scoops in a smoothie with a bunch of berries, oatmeal, and milk, and another three scoops in a shaker bottle with milk. If you really want extra calories you can pour a couple of tablespoons of olive oil into it as well. The smoothie is breakfast and a snack (along with some extra solid foods) and the protein shake gets worked on throughout the day to add extra protein and calories to each meal or between meals. It pretty much takes care of all my protein for the day in case my meal planning isn't spot on, and adds 1000 calories I don't have to chew. On most days my meal planning is solid enough that I get more protein than I need, but that's a problem I'm happy to have. Almonds make a great, calorie dense snack too.

I didn't eat enough at first and plateaued quickly on LP. I sorted it out and I've gone from ~180-185 to ~215-220 in about 6 months. The only person that tells me I've gotten fat is my mom. Everyone else just tells me I look jacked. You got this!

Thanks, will consider this. I’m finding milk very helpful however purely because of the simplicity of it.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks. I was just curious about the rate of weight increase I’d need to get through this program, that’s all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12