starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Must Take Supplements

Default Must Take Supplements

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    What supplements would be considered mandatory? Protein? What kind and brand? Creatine? What time and brand? Aminos? What kind and brand? What else?

Thanks coach!

Can you recommend a quality whey protein for less than $10 a pound? Do you have a favorite creatine brand?

I use MyProtein. Sign up for the email list and use the coupons, and it's not bad. I buy it in as big a container as they sell. I don't think the brand of creatine matters much.

What's your opinion on myprotein night blend?

I don’t have any experience with it but it looks like it’s a blend of milk protein concentrate, soy, and casein. I’d prefer a pure casein or egg white protein but this is mostly a preference thing. Not something that will make or break progress

Quote Originally Posted by David Sanders View Post
    Can you recommend a quality whey protein for less than $10 a pound?
    Here's an example of the bodybuilding.com sales. If you buy 10 pounds, two 5 pound containers, you get it for about $0.75 per pound. I can't speak for this brand but I did get 20 pounds of isolate with no taste for about $0.50 a pound when they were changing product labels. So keep an eye out and purchase when it's on sale.

I was wondering more about whether the extra money for casein is even worth it or should I just stick with Whey all the way around.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by David Sanders View Post
    I was wondering more about whether the extra money for casein is even worth it or should I just stick with Whey all the way around.
    Not really tbh. If you mix your whey with milk it accomplishes the same thing. If you want to overachieve you can go with ultra filtered milk. My general position on supplements is that they are a very small part of the big picture and there isn't much need to spend a great deal of money on them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast