starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it important to get your 80g of fat?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Levine View Post
    My question was about dietary fat, and if not getting enough of it was an issue - a high calorie, low fat diet. Ive been overshooting my protein target by a lot, hitting my carb target, and undershooting fat.
    If you don't mind my asking, what "high calorie, low fat" foods have you been eating to hit the protein target? I am a newb trying to reign this in myself.

I typically hit my protein target by consuming extra lean ground beef (96/4), beef jerky, Siggi's Icelandic yogurt, and Fair Life ultra filtered milk to name a few.

Wife is on Weight Watchers, so we have a lot of "zero point meat" in the house, which is very lean.

Aldi Frozen Salmon, Meatloaf and chili made from 1% fat ground chicken breast, chicken breasts, turkey, egg whites, Kroger carbmaster milk/yogurt, Shrimp.

And of course, Whey Protien Isolate shakes. Also my go-tos when eating out are Wendy's Chili and Jimmy John's bootlegger club unwich, without mayo (I hate mayo).

I also eat a half can of pink salmon a day for the fish oil, but that isn't lowfat, and is more for cholesterol than lifting.

-->Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Levine View Post
    Wife is on Weight Watchers, so we have a lot of "zero point meat" in the house, which is very lean.

Aldi Frozen Salmon, Meatloaf and chili made from 1% fat ground chicken breast, chicken breasts, turkey, egg whites, Kroger carbmaster milk/yogurt, Shrimp.

And of course, Whey Protien Isolate shakes. Also my go-tos when eating out are Wendy's Chili and Jimmy John's bootlegger club unwich, without mayo (I hate mayo).

I also eat a half can of pink salmon a day for the fish oil, but that isn't lowfat, and is more for cholesterol than lifting.

-->Adam
    The canned salmon Trader Joe's is a bit leaner than most other brands if you want to give that a go around. It's pretty good flavorwise.

Thanks on the TJ salmon tip.

Tried it. It's tastier, higher fat, lower calorie and lower protein than my Aldi salmon.

Perfect. More fat = more fish oil, and getting enough protein isn't an issue.

Excellent man! Glad to help. Which can did you get? I usually buy the Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon with no salt added (the pink can) and it has 1 g fat and 13 g protein per 2 oz serving.
    Last edited by Robert Santana; 01-01-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Excellent man! Glad to help. Which can did you get? I usually buy the Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon with no salt added (the pink can) and it has 1 g fat and 13 g protein per 2 oz serving.
    It wasn't that one. Recycled the can, but MFP remembers. It was a 14.75oz can, 5g fat/12g protien/90 calories per 2.2oz serving (but I eat half a can).

I'm also trying your whey protein/dextrose tip tomorrow for a painfully early workout. Just got the bag of Smarties at WalMart. Never thought a nutritionist would ever tell me that Smarties would be breakfast of champions, but it's basically dextrose...

-->Adam

starting strength coach development program
    I have always been partial to Watermelon flavored Sour Patch kids but Smarties work too. Dextrose is better though since it is 100% glucose but I am all for flexibility and changing things up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12