starting strength gym

Thread: Cutting fat Down as NLP rages on

Default Cutting fat Down as NLP rages on

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Robert,

This is my second round with NLP, I have eaten a lot more this time around and my strength has shot up. on my first go around my squat fizzled at 325 lbs or so for 3x5, my body weight was around 225 lbs. or so, this time around i have dedicated myself to making sure i am getting enough protein, but I don't count calories/macros etc. My squat is currently 385 lbs for 3x5. I am a 6 foot male, re-started NLP at 222 lbs, with a 38-39 inch waste. I am currently at 235 lbs with a 40-41 inch waste. I have no aspirations of lifting competitively, but I do have my eyes set on certain benchmarks that id like to hit personally. I am starting to really burst out of my clothes, my thighs, shoulders, and of course belly have grown. I eat whatever I want, counting just destroys the fun of this for me. I know you have mentioned in the past about eliminating fat. Is it wise for me to do this now that i am really into the thick of it with NLP? I plan to continue to eat a lot, but just continuing to make sure i hit protein snd fail my appetite with carbs and eliminate fat sources. So egg whites and turkey on a bagel instead of bacon egg and cheese as an example. I realize eliminating the fat will drop my calorie consumption, so i will make a conscious effort to consume more through the day. Is this a valid approach for me at this point?

Thanks for posting! It looks like you've put in some serious work in terms of lifting and eating so good job DTP. Let's get you done though so you can move on. You should finish out the program, move to an intermediate program, then focus on weight loss. That's the best bet for a guy in your situation.

Sounds good. If I continue to consume a lot of food, but really cut the fat down, like maybe 60 grams per day, do you think this would help somewhat with some positive body composition? I know hornonally fat is important, and for fat soluble vitamins, but in regards to driving lifts, will switching out fat for more carbs negatively effect me ?