starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about creatine

Default Question about creatine

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Today i decided that i am stopping train for seven month (its the time left to finish the army) and after that i will go on NLP again but this time i will do it without any stress from the army. I wanted to ask should i continue taking 5 grams of creatine even of i am not training? I am going to be on caloric maintnance and high protein to keep my weight the same.

I don't see a need for it if you aren't lifting. Why are you stopping completely for seven months? Do you not have the time to just get into the gym twice a week and attempt to preserve what you have. Do you not realize what a seven month layoff means for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    I don't see a need for it if you aren't lifting. Why are you stopping completely for seven months? Do you not have the time to just get into the gym twice a week and attempt to preserve what you have. Do you not realize what a seven month layoff means for you?
    We have only one rack in the gym here in the base and we had 2 barbells that one of them broke up 5 month ago and the second one broke yesterday. I bought my own barbell and the gym was using my barbell and the one that broke yesterday. They fixed the one that broke yesterday by weld the barbell from the sides without the screws in them and they are saying its safe to train with those shit barbells. Now, in the eveninhs there are lot of people coming to the gym so until they wont buy new barbells, only mine left there and when i will come to train there the rack probably will be taken by guys that doing 10 sets of bench presses.. Maybe i will wait till sunday and see if someone there woke up and finelly will bring normal barbells to the gym. If they bringing welded barbell again, screw them i will not train with a shitty equipment and risk myself.

I understand that you are on limited resources. What kind of barbell did you buy? I have multiple barbells, some which have taken quite a beating, and have not had one "break." Did you buy a cheap barbell?

You need to lift, whether you are able to train productively over the next 7 months is another question but you need to do your lifts even if it's a couple of times per week so you don't completely detrain and set yourself back more than necessary. Hell, if you have to leg press because they do not have barbells in the gym, then you may as well do that. Anything so that you aren't sitting around excessively detraining.

I understand that you are on limited resources. What kind of barbell did you buy? I have multiple barbells, some which have taken quite a beating, and have not had one "break." Did you buy a cheap barbell?

You need to lift, whether you are able to train productively over the next 7 months is another question but you need to do your lifts even if it's a couple of times per week so you don't completely detrain and set yourself back more than necessary. Hell, if you have to leg press because they do not have barbells in the gym, then you may as well do that. Anything so that you aren't sitting around excessively detraining.
    I bought high quality bar and he is fine. Their barbells are the shitty ones that break and they are not going to bring new one soon. So the only barbell left is my barbell, but again if i will go to train i probably will wait hour until people will finish their 10 sets of bench pressing or whatever they will do with the barbell.

Got it! Well get in there and get some work done. Don't be taking 7 months off. Just keep your protein intake up and fat intake under 100 g and you should be fine from a body composition standpoint during the next 7 months.

Got it! Well get in there and get some work done. Don't be taking 7 months off. Just keep your protein intake up and fat intake under 100 g and you should be fine from a body composition standpoint during the next 7 months.
    Ok, thanks

You are welcome!

You are welcome!
    Robert, i have last question.
    I am current weighing 93 kg(I was eating 5000 cals for day) and gained BW pretty fast. I ate 280+ protein per day ,370 carbs and 190+ fat. I think i am getting belly pot so i decided to cut fats under 100 and put some more carbs so now i will eat 3860 cals per day with 280 protein 400+ carbs and 99 fat. My height is 1.80 cm and now i am weighing 93.

starting strength coach development program
    This sounds fine to me? A bit high in protein but I'm not too concerned with it. What is your exact question?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast