starting strength gym
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Elderly Thread of Awesome

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Congrats on the strong squatting, Dean!

Quote Originally Posted by DeanT View Post
    As for me, I've got my sights set on my 23 year old self. I'm kicking that dudes butt in all lifts before I turn 50.
    I was just telling a younger fellow this yesterday when he lamented if he was as strong as he would ever be at 37. I am stronger at almost 60 than I ever was in my teens, twenties, thirties, and even my forties. Broke the 400 pound close grip bench barrier on my fiftieth birthday. A new PR in the OHP a few years after that. My best deadlift was hit at 56. Best curl at 56. Now I hope to hit a new close grip PR in the months before I close in on 60 and middle age beginning...

It's up to the individual on how strong they wish to become and how hard they are willing to work. Cause I'm here to say, age isn't an excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldster View Post
    I was just telling a younger fellow this yesterday when he lamented if he was as strong as he would ever be at 37. I am stronger at almost 60 than I ever was in my teens, twenties, thirties, and even my forties. Broke the 400 pound close grip bench barrier on my fiftieth birthday. A new PR in the OHP a few years after that. My best deadlift was hit at 56. Best curl at 56. Now I hope to hit a new close grip PR in the months before I close in on 60 and middle age beginning...

It's up to the individual on how strong they wish to become and how hard they are willing to work. Cause I'm here to say, age isn't an excuse!
    My wife's says I'm entering my second childhood. Wonder what she means about that?

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    My wife's says I'm entering my second childhood. Wonder what she means about that?
    Oh, wow! You mean there is a chance mine will tell me when I've left my first childhood?

Quote Originally Posted by DeanT View Post
    I'm 49 and I just got my first lifetime PR in 26 years. I squatted 5-405 with 1 rep left in the tank. Oh yeah, I am over the moon right now. I've been working for this squat set for almost 2 years!
    Damn son, that's strong...

I'm 49 and I just got my first lifetime PR in 26 years. I squatted 5-405 with 1 rep left in the tank. Oh yeah, I am over the moon right now. I've been working for this squat set for almost 2 years!
    Amazing work!

It was almost exactly four years ago when I was cleared to restart lifting after heart surgery. Today I shoveled a foot of heavy wet snow (aka four billion tons of white bullshit) for two and a half hours.

Quote Originally Posted by I_iz_a_fatass View Post
    It was almost exactly four years ago when I was cleared to restart lifting after heart surgery. Today I shoveled a foot of heavy wet snow (aka four billion tons of white bullshit) for two and a half hours.
    Wow! Congratulations seems like such an understatement in this case. Really impressive, beyond the simple fact that you actually survived everything you've went through.

Geez. You guys are inspiring and humbling....makes me wonder if there should be a thread called "The Elderly Thread of Mediocre". J/K. Although I'm well behind most of you in the numbers, I have only done a lifting program once in my life. I started it about 9 months ago. Never thought I'd be Squatting close to 300 pounds for reps (currently at 280), Benching 200+ for reps (currently at 205) or dead lifting 350+ at my age (55) with complete lack of conditioning and strength when I started.

Looking forward to posting some milestones in 2018. Great thread.

starting strength coach development program
    Geez. You guys are inspiring and humbling....makes me wonder if there should be a thread called "The Elderly Thread of Mediocre". J/K. Although I'm well behind most of you in the numbers, I have only done a lifting program once in my life. I started it about 9 months ago. Never thought I'd be Squatting close to 300 pounds for reps (currently at 280), Benching 200+ for reps (currently at 205) or dead lifting 350+ at my age (55) with complete lack of conditioning and strength when I started.

Looking forward to posting some milestones in 2018. Great thread.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast