Elderly Thread of Awesome Elderly Thread of Awesome - Page 15

starting strength gym
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 254

Thread: Elderly Thread of Awesome

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on a Quest
    Posts
    8,502

    Default

    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    • starting strength seminar june 2021
    • starting strength seminar august 2021
    Wow! What an achievement, BD! Sky's the limit, man. Keep your eyes looking up to your next PR!

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Paradise Valley, BC
    Posts
    1,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    Deadlifted 182.5kg for eight tonight.

    Wayyyy outside what I thought I was capable of at this point in my training.
    That's a serious weight to be doing for 8 reps! Outstanding!

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Strength Lab
    Posts
    7,851

    Default

    402.34363 pounds for 8 reps is strong work. Congrats, BD! (I hate kilos)

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    2,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldster View Post
    Wow! What an achievement, BD! Sky's the limit, man. Keep your eyes looking up to your next PR!
    Thanks Oldster! PR's these days come in such small increments that today's session blew me away.

    Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    That's a serious weight to be doing for 8 reps! Outstanding!
    It certainly gets one's attention as one steps to the bar. Thanks Skid!

    Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    402.34363 pounds for 8 reps is strong work. Congrats, BD! (I hate kilos)
    Thanks 'shug.

    I like kilos because they're just a number, it has no immediate meaning. Had I done the conversion to pounds prior to my set, the pucker factor would have been HUGE.

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on a Quest
    Posts
    8,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    I like kilos because they're just a number, it has no immediate meaning. Had I done the conversion to pounds prior to my set, the pucker factor would have been HUGE.
    This is actually a good way of getting around the pucker factor. We all have our hangups when it comes to lifting, this is an excellent idea of avoiding them!

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldster View Post
    We all have our hangups when it comes to lifting, this is an excellent idea of avoiding them!
    That's why I prefer to list my own weight as 18 and a half stone. That doesn't sound overweight does it? LOL

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on a Quest
    Posts
    8,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misterponytail View Post
    That's why I prefer to list my own weight as 18 and a half stone. That doesn't sound overweight does it? LOL
    Nice. No wonder I look so damned good weighting only 111.3636363636364! Call me The Shadow...

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    Deadlifted 182.5kg for eight tonight.

    Wayyyy outside what I thought I was capable of at this point in my training.
    Well done!!! Impressive work...congrats!

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Strength Lab
    Posts
    7,851

    Default

    New Trap Bar Deadlift PR Today. Stay Strong my Friends!!


  10. #150
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on a Quest
    Posts
    8,502

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Like butta!

    Congrats on the awesome PR!

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •