Elderly Thread of Awesome Elderly Thread of Awesome - Page 24

starting strength gym
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Results 231 to 238 of 238

Thread: Elderly Thread of Awesome

  1. #231
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    739

    Default

    • wichita falls texas march seminar date
    • woodmere new york april seminar date
    Marked (not celebrated) my 58th birthday over the weekend with 315 x 5 x 3 squats and 365 x 5 deadlift, followed by a 405 single. These numbers should be, and have been, higher (did 330 x 5 x 3 squats and 405 x 5 DL last month) but my workout schedule has been so erratic that the gains are hard to come by and to maintain. I'm hoping once the school year is over and there aren't as many functions to go to, once the new flooring is put in the house so I can stop working on preparing for that and once our European vacation is over in June (yeah, I know, all first world problems), I can get back to focusing more on the gym and get those numbers up.

  2. #232
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Paradise Valley, BC
    Posts
    1,310

    Default

    I'm 2 months shy of my 56 birthday, but still getting stronger. Did a new comp bench PR today with 171kg or 376 pounds!

  3. #233
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    318

    Default

    We are (almost exactly)* the same age.

    And we have (almost exactly)** the same bench, too. How weird!

    * - 4 days less than two months to my 56th

    ** - well, maybe 200 pounds less than your bench isn't really that close, perhaps?


    Anyway, grats on the PR, that's awesome

  4. #234
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    739

    Default

    So I can't come close to competing with skid's bench numbers (nice lift there, skid!) but I did deadlift 500 lbs (227 kg to be exact), a 15 lb all time PR for me, at the USSF Fall Classic Phoenix this past Saturday, at 218 lbs bodyweight and 58 years old.

    YouTube

  5. #235
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJPinAZ View Post
    So I can't come close to competing with skid's bench numbers (nice lift there, skid!) but I did deadlift 500 lbs (227 kg to be exact), a 15 lb all time PR for me, at the USSF Fall Classic Phoenix this past Saturday, at 218 lbs bodyweight and 58 years old.

    YouTube
    So now Iím wondering why is the bar lower on my left side than the right at lockout. Hmm.

  6. #236
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    2,013

    Default

    Forgot to post this little gem ...

    My final pull at Raw Natls of 227.5kg was my first pull over 500lbs EVER...and gives me a NYS Raw Masters 2b / 3a record.

    It's not David Ricks impressive, but it was cool regardless.

  7. #237
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Strength Lab
    Posts
    7,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    Forgot to post this little gem ...

    My final pull at Raw Natls of 227.5kg was my first pull over 500lbs EVER...and gives me a NYS Raw Masters 2b / 3a record.

    It's not David Ricks impressive, but it was cool regardless.
    Awesome job, BD! Congratulations on joining the 500 Pound Deadlift Club!!

  8. #238
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    2,013

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    Awesome job, BD! Congratulations on joining the 500 Pound Deadlift Club!!
    Thanks 'Shug!

    It was a dream realized.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •