starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 or 3 days a week for a 59 year old novice

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
    And geezer pre-novices and novices have to make it a big goal to SLEEP BETTER AND EAT PROTEIN extra-consistently, I believe.
    Fixed.
    While it is true that geezers detrain quicker, the bigger danger is over training and not enough protein. IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by misterponytail View Post
    This. I think it is better to do something incremental that you can sustain (that is, build a habit) over the long term rather than to worry about some "perfect" program that you might be missing out on...
    This.
    Showing up is half the battle. Or as Calvin Coolidge said "Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence."

This actually brings up a great point. My dad, 57, just got diagnosed with Prostate Cancer and is having surgery to remove the prostate. The doctors said it’s in the early stages so it didn’t spread.

I don’t want him to have osteoporosis as he grows older so I told him to purchase a gym membership. I’ll be purchasing “Barbell Prescription” for his birthday.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by JSoulTactical View Post
    I don’t want him to have osteoporosis as he grows older so I told him to purchase a gym membership.
    I was 57 when I started HRT. Might be a good idea for your dad to get blood work done and talk to an anti-aging doc...

And best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12