starting strength gym

Thread: Wrist Wrap Recommendations

Default Wrist Wrap Recommendations

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Any recommendations on a good wrist wrap brand?

I'm looking for something stiff enough to give me a strong reminder that I should be keeping my wrists straight, but not so stiff that it completely keeps them straight for me or immobilizes them. I want them more as a "tactile cue" than to really do it for me.

I also have a pair of boxing wraps, tried them, and think they aren't really stiff enough to help.

-->Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Levine View Post
    Any recommendations on a good wrist wrap brand?

I'm looking for something stiff enough to give me a strong reminder that I should be keeping my wrists straight, but not so stiff that it completely keeps them straight for me or immobilizes them. I want them more as a "tactile cue" than to really do it for me.

I also have a pair of boxing wraps, tried them, and think they aren't really stiff enough to help.

-->Adam
    The SBD softs, but don't get the short ones. The design is specifically for those who don't require the stiffness of competition wraps, so more for general training. I've tried the cheap typical wraps on Amazon and they are too flexible and another guy in the gym bought the hard version of the SBD wraps and they are very stiff. I made the mistake of buying the shorter wraps because I have narrow wrists, they work OK, but my sense is that the slightly longer version would be an improvement.

^ I second the SBD medium length flexibles. I own 5 different types of wrist wraps and those are my go to wraps for general training. If you are competing you can't go wrong with the SBD flexible long length wraps either. The SBD stiff's are too stiff IMO.

I have some of these Strength Wraps.

I got them for doing gymnastics/calisthenics stuff a few years ago, but I like how they work for lifting. Never tried any others for comparison though. Look like they may be cheaper than SBD, and come in super cool graphic designs. Mine are Star Wars, because Star Wars > Star Trek.

The Titan Golds are a little stiffer, but nothing like some of the wraps out there. I would go max legal length (36"). As the weight gets heavier, having something help you keep your wrists straight is nice. Like I can hold my wrists sort of straight benching 365, but anything over that I would want some kind of support. I feel like I have weak wrists though. I've supported 540 with the Titan Golds. But I'm looking for something even more beefy to be honest. So I think they would be a good starting point.

I have these: Amazon.com : Harbinger Red Line Wrist Wraps : Exercise Wraps : Sports & Outdoors

I haven't tried any other brands so I don't have anything to compare them to.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks all, went with the SBD Flexible Medium (60cm). I don't have to worry about competitive weightlifting rules or benching 365 anytime soon (or probably, anytime ever...)

-->Adam