Starting HLM/Intermediate programming. Starting HLM/Intermediate programming. - Page 2

starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting HLM/Intermediate programming.

• phoenix arizona seminar date
    • texas seminar date
    I used a couple of 10 pound jumps so i hit a wall. If i also remember, recovery was getting a little hard. You also recommended me to do that and i found it reasonable.

Okay, so my 3x5 progress stopped by 310, every time i try 330x5 i feel dizzy afterwards and can't even complete a 10% less back-off set of 5 reps. I have done 5+resets, and i actually did one a few months ago that helped me a lot in a stressful period. I have been paralyzed for more than a week about starting a new training program so let's hear what do you think about this.

Monday
    5x5 85% squats (percentage from 325 which was my last 1x5 that i actually completed), 3x3 bench for now, but later 5x5 same as squats and add a heavy deadlift set of 1-5. I'm not sure if i will be able to pull it today, since my last DL's were on friday. But it seems that DLS arent interchangeable between days.

Wednesday.
    3x5 (20% less) Press 3x3 for now and then 3x5 (i assume is 5-10% less weight) Chinups

Friday.
    3x5 10% less from monday? 3x3 for now on bench/press, Close grip bench 5-10% less from Monday. And i think i'll do some romanian deadlifts/SLDL 3x5 so i add some variation to chinups.

The thing that worries me is that i will probably be using minimal weights in squat from an already low percentage or maybe i'll go up quickly in a few weeks, 85% is a percentage i got from the relative intensity image. The thing is that i just need something to work that's doable, or if you can recommend me some way to tweak my LP that can help me to move from maximal weights for a while. As i said, i've been paralyzed for a few weeks about how to start intermediate programming, but i also don't want to keep failing on 1x5 in LP and keep getting unmotivated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12