starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting HLM/Intermediate programming.

Exclamation Starting HLM/Intermediate programming.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    SQ: 330 1X4. DL: 340 1X5. Press 122 3X3. BP 180 3X3. I think i have finally exhausted my LP life-span. Squats feel near RM, and back-off sets make me feel even more tired. I moved DL into intermediate a while ago, and i'll move my presses into intermediate programmings in a few workouts more. I have seen the HLM setup on PPST3 and says that i should get 5x5, 5x5 and 1x5, although it seems too hard/long. I wonder if i could do another rep range for squats and do deadlifts other day, like Wednesday, squats also seem too hard because i think they are done in a near maximal range. And y'know, this might sound like i'm being a scared piece of shit, but i honestly like to lift. It's just that 5X5 on squats near max weight sounds too fucking hard, almost like TM. My experience tells me that i could not keep up that Monday for more than a few weeks, if so. I haven't defined my "goals" but getting stronger and bigger sounds good enough. Sorry if i ask for too much, i just wonder if i could get a small guide into intermediate programming, at least on the squat.

Nowadays i'm doing:

Monday: SQ1X5+BACK OFF SETS. PRESS/BP 3X3 ,CHINS
    WED 80% SQUAT, PRESS/BP 3X3, DL 1X5.
    REPEAT MONDAY.

you can check my log out I am following an Andy Baker OK'd HLM for a while. That said im not convinced you are done with NLP.

Age/height/bodyweight?

Thanks Eric, it's useful but a little confusing. Does 5x5 day serve the purpose of "Medium"? And intensity day of "heavy"? Or does it work like TM? Why the heavy realience on 7+ reps on intensity day? Finally, how would i milk the rest of my novice gains? It might be possible, but i've been on a linear progression for i think 9 months or more.

16/5'11/193 last i checked.

I first posted this by accident in this forum instead of general programming, sorry, heh.

You are not done with your NLP. Sixteen-year-old kids don't get done with their NLPs this soon.

Just tried 330 1x5, couldn't finish the 3rd rep. 3 times in a row since two weeks or so. I have missed 2 or 3 monday workouts in a row. I could try 3x3 but i don't think it will change anything. I eat more than plenty averagin 3500 calories, sleep is shitty, but i got like 10 hours of sleep today and some other days. I have resetted countless times, and my right knee hurts even though i push the knees out in every descent. what else is there to be done in order to keep NLP? And i think i'll try the HLM displayed in PPST3 but without power cleans.

I rest 8+minutes, eat 3500 calories or more, use 2/3 pound increases in presses and 5 squat/deads. Sleep isn't good, but i average 6 hours most days, i think. How much do you think i could keep up with NLP? But i think i'll start HLM on Monday.

I guess you're not eating enough.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Diego Herrera View Post
    SQ: 330 1X4. DL: 340 1X5. Press 122 3X3. BP 180 3X3. I think i have finally exhausted my LP life-span. Squats feel near RM, and back-off sets make me feel even more tired. I moved DL into intermediate a while ago, and i'll move my presses into intermediate programmings in a few workouts more. I have seen the HLM setup on PPST3 and says that i should get 5x5, 5x5 and 1x5, although it seems too hard/long. I wonder if i could do another rep range for squats and do deadlifts other day, like Wednesday, squats also seem too hard because i think they are done in a near maximal range. And y'know, this might sound like i'm being a scared piece of shit, but i honestly like to lift. It's just that 5X5 on squats near max weight sounds too fucking hard, almost like TM. My experience tells me that i could not keep up that Monday for more than a few weeks, if so. I haven't defined my "goals" but getting stronger and bigger sounds good enough. Sorry if i ask for too much, i just wonder if i could get a small guide into intermediate programming, at least on the squat.

Nowadays i'm doing:

Monday: SQ1X5+BACK OFF SETS. PRESS/BP 3X3 ,CHINS
    WED 80% SQUAT, PRESS/BP 3X3, DL 1X5.
    REPEAT MONDAY.
    How did you arrive at the conclusion that your deadlift needed to move to weekly increases?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast