starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HELP! My clean keeps stalling out at a measley 60kg

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    You have a coach, but it seems like you wanted a second opinion otherwise you wouldn't be here.

I'm not complaining, but either you should do what your coach says or you should read Starting Strength and use the technique described there get to your clean over 60kg. The Starting Strength method for cleans works a lot better.

You've already reset three times and wasted a lot of time. What is your coach's explanation for your 150kgx5 deadlift and measly 60kg clean?
    Last edited by AndrewLewis; 02-17-2021 at 06:36 AM. Reason: typo
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    You have a coach, but it seems like you wanted a second opinion otherwise you wouldn't be here.

I'm not complaining, but either you should do what your coach says or you should read Starting Strength and use the technique described there to your clean over 60kg. The Starting Strength method for cleans works a lot better.

You've already reset three times and wasted a lot of time. What is your coach's explanation for your 150kgx5 deadlift and measly 60kg clean?
    He says it's a technique problem and a positional strength problem. I suspect as well that a lot of the problem is with the first pull; my shoulders rise too early and aren't over the bar long enough

Quote Originally Posted by MKuznetsov View Post
    He says it's a technique problem and a positional strength problem.
    Well, okay then. He should probably fix the technique problem and you should just do what he says.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by MKuznetsov View Post
    He says it's a technique problem and a positional strength problem.
    Yes. Young healthy dude who cannot clean 60 kg- it is all about technique man. Fuck!

At this point I could get your clean up by 20 kg just by giving you some food and train you on a stationary bike for a month or two. No barbell training, just food and cycling.

He has two profound technique problems that he does not recognize, and that his "coach" does not seem able to correct. But he's enjoying himself, so there's that.

I'm going to my coach again in a few days, I'll talk to him further about what I might be doing wrong.

Think about it like this, M: who cleans more weight, the guy deadlifting 200 or the guy deadlifting 500? And who cleans more weight, the guy who pulls the bar slow or the guy who pulls the bar fast?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Think about it like this, M: who cleans more weight, the guy deadlifting 200 or the guy deadlifting 500? And who cleans more weight, the guy who pulls the bar slow or the guy who pulls the bar fast?
    Obviously they guy with the 500lb deadlift and the faster pull

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And here is a video reference for this. Check the perfect technique of 2x60 dumbell snatch and 160 kg clean.

Mateusz kieliszkowski Impressive Overhead Press (Medley) - One motion - YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    I'm pretty dumb; what's "positional strength?"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast