starting strength gym

Thread: Training while at US Army OCS: 2 hours of lifting time per week

Default Training while at US Army OCS: 2 hours of lifting time per week

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi everyone. I'm an Officer Candidate at the US Army Officer Candidate School and I need advice on how to program my lifting while I'm here. Unfortunately, my access to barbells will be extremely limited for the time being. 1 hour on Tuesdays and 1 hour on Thursdays. I hear there is a chance to get more time as the cycle moves forward but that remains to be seen. I can cover all 4 lifts on each day for the first few workouts since they won't take much time. I was an intermediate stage lifter before leaving for basic a few months ago and will do each lift at light weights for the first few workouts so I can still walk the next day. Any thoughts on how I should prioritize the lifts when getting even 3 lifts done in an hour will not be possible? I need to keep in mind that I need to get at least some pulling in during the week because we will eventually be tested on the hex-bar deadlift for our PT test of record. Additionally, I imagine the bench press would be very useful because it directly helps with pushup requirements. Those being said, the squat and press are also important and I'm having trouble deciding how to prioritize what to do.

Article on this up tomorrow.