starting strength gym

Thread: MS modifications?

Default MS modifications?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I haven't visited the site for a few months. I was doing the novice program based on the blue and grey books for a few months and I was making some good gains. I ended up stopping the program for a few months because I was exhausted. I have MS, and while I don't have balance or mobility issues, I have vision related issues and fatigue. I talked to my doctor about the exhaustion and it is possible that a lot of it was a side effect of my medication. I could barely make it through the work day, let alone training. I have since switched medicines and, while I feel a lot better, my energy level still isn't 100%. I am managing my symptoms well, and I really don't even think about it most days. I am trying not to let the diagnosis affect my attitude, but since I want to re-start the program, I thought it would be best to check in to see if there were any modifications that I should consider.

Keep your tonnage low and your intensity high, and don't get overheated. You can train with MS, but not like a bodybuilder.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. As far as goals, should I extend my time frame or lower my target weights?

I don't know. You'll have to experiment, since these things are highly individual.

Ok thanks. I'll experiment and see how I feel.