starting strength gym

Thread: 61 yo male. Recovery time from illness( colonoscopy from hell)

Default 61 yo male. Recovery time from illness( colonoscopy from hell)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    There’s so much truth to people my age taking forever to get back strength after a heath set back. You young people …please don’t take for granted that you are in your prime in terms of developing and keeping your strength. As an example, I’m 61, had a routine colonoscopy that went south four months ago ( I aspirated while under anesthesia with fluids quickly invading my lungs which caused pneumonia). But I was only hospitalized 1 night. But that was enough to seriously screw with my weight room progress.
    It is now 4 months since that BS and tonight I finally pulled the weight off the floor I was pulling 4 months ago. 385. I immediately weakened 50 lbs after laying off just one week. Took 4 months to get that 50 lbs back.

Kids!!! ( those under 40). Get and remain strong now!!

That sucks that happened. That's good you survived and you're getting back at it. Nice job.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

55 year old male, also had to take ~ 4 months off due to a health issue. I am stunned at how weak I became.
    I am starting back now but it is amazing how much can be lost. I am working back very light, almost from the beginning stages of an LP.
    What I notice most is the form, specifically the balance and vertical bar path being less optimal.

Hey, at least we are still doing it!