starting strength gym

Thread: Continue with the intermediate level or stop here?

Default Continue with the intermediate level or stop here?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello everyone,

I've been doing the novice linear progression and I feel maybe I've reached the plateau where the stress-recovery-adaptation process no longer happens every workout. The question is this.

I practice martial arts and the main reason I do strength training, aside from being good for health, is for athletic performance. I am faced with the following dilemma.
    On the one hand, I think I have sufficient strength levels to face the different situations in my sport. It is not my goal to compete to lift more weight as in the case of a powerlifter, so reaching an advanced level is more than ruled out.
    On the other hand, I don't know if it makes sense for my sports performance goal to start an intermediate program to continue progressing, even if it is more demanding. Or just maintain my current strength levels with the novice linear progression.

What do you think about my situation? If you recommend me to continue with an intermediate level program, which model would be adjusted for my personal circumstance?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo View Post
    Hello everyone,

I've been doing the novice linear progression and I feel maybe I've reached the plateau where the stress-recovery-adaptation process no longer happens every workout. The question is this.

I practice martial arts and the main reason I do strength training, aside from being good for health, is for athletic performance. I am faced with the following dilemma.
    On the one hand, I think I have sufficient strength levels to face the different situations in my sport. It is not my goal to compete to lift more weight as in the case of a powerlifter, so reaching an advanced level is more than ruled out.
    On the other hand, I don't know if it makes sense for my sports performance goal to start an intermediate program to continue progressing, even if it is more demanding. Or just maintain my current strength levels with the novice linear progression.

What do you think about my situation? If you recommend me to continue with an intermediate level program, which model would be adjusted for my personal circumstance?
    Just for future reference, when you ask for advice, try to include only objective data like your age, sex, height, bodyweight, training frequency on your sport, current programming and loads, the answers to the 3 questions, how long you've been on the LP, and so on.
    This will give much more information than your subjective perception of having hit a plateau or needing intermediate programming or having "sufficient" strength levels.