starting strength gym

Thread: Programming following knee surgery

Default Programming following knee surgery

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Knee arthroscopy yesterday which resulted in 1 meniscus being trimmed and the other repaired. Not sure of the exact nature of the repair yet-won’t see the consultant for a while. Will see Orthopaedic nurse and physio. In a knee brace for 6 weeks before very conservative rehab.
    Home gym should allow me to Bench and Chin.
    Any advise on how to programme these very limited exercises to progress some strength without fucking my shoulders up with over training?
    56 years. Male.

Ask the "physio."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Ask the "physio."
    I will of course seek further advise. Immediately after the procedure she (Physio who incidentally was also a PT)was receptive to my desire to return to squatting and pulling in good time. However, I hope the experience of the board members here might also have some input to encouraging some useful training under my current restrictions. i.e. full knee brace and access to only limited equipment.

You could alternate your bench press with seated press or incline press if you are worried about your shoulders. Dumbbell rows? Romanian deadlifts? Just throwing out ideas here.