starting strength gym
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Texas Method Calculator

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by hatmanii View Post
    Wouldn't the math be the same? Can't you just input your weights regardless of their units?
    Quote Originally Posted by SteamRoxorz View Post
    Yes. Type in a number. The calculator will not know if you are using lbs or kg.
    Yes that works right, except for the warmup sets which are messed up (but not a problem):

example sets for 80kg squat at medium day:
    2x5 45 (this 45 means the empty bar, so it is 20KG)
    1x5 30 (30KG)
    1x3 45 (this 45 means 45KG)
    1x2 60 (65KG)
    5x5 80 (80KG)

By the way, what is the standard weekly increase in KGs?

Quote Originally Posted by squat_gnome View Post
    Yes that works right, except for the warmup sets which are messed up (but not a problem):

example sets for 80kg squat at medium day:
    2x5 45 (this 45 means the empty bar, so it is 20KG)
    1x5 30 (30KG)
    1x3 45 (this 45 means 45KG)
    1x2 60 (65KG)
    5x5 80 (80KG)

By the way, what is the standard weekly increase in KGs?
    Feel free to replace the first "45" on each lift with "20" or the word "Bar" on your spreadsheet.

Just cut your increase number in half. 5lbs increase become 2.5kg (5.5lbs).

And no offense buddy, but if you are doing 80kg squats on your medium day, you should not be using the Texas Method. Go back to Starting Strength.

Quote Originally Posted by SteamRoxorz View Post
    Feel free to replace the first "45" on each lift with "20" or the word "Bar" on your spreadsheet.

Just cut your increase number in half. 5lbs increase become 2.5kg (5.5lbs).

And no offense buddy, but if you are doing 80kg squats on your medium day, you should not be using the Texas Method. Go back to Starting Strength.
    I am not going to do Texas Method yet, but plan to do it after milking SS, I was just researching about Texas Method. My current 3x5 squat is 90kg, hope to increase it to 110kg at least before going on Texas Method.

My stats:
    140g protein per day.
    BW= 90kg
    Height: 181cm
    Been lifting for 4 months.
    Lifting 2 times per week because:
    Not enough protein in my diet (unfortunately I can't get more)
    Not enough time (have to study like all day like an slave)
    My form is good, my numbers are low, and I am nearing the third stall. I don't know why. low protein? but I am lifting only two times per week. low genetic potential? but I gained about 15KGs of weight. I don't know what's the problem really.

You seem like a pro Texas Methoder, I asked help about integrating TM here, what do YOU think about it? any tips will be appreciated.
    Thank you
    Last edited by squat_gnome; 11-24-2011 at 10:51 AM.

It been a while since there was any activity on this thread but I'll attempt to shake the dust off with a comment and a noob question...
    A) this calculator is awesome - thank you...
    and
    B) can someone help me understand the "RM Factor?" What is driving these numbers? I understand the concept - it is a comparison of 5RM to VD work sets - but how much adjusting do you find yourself doing to these percentages? need they be adjusted at all? From where do derive these percentages?
    Thanks

... and, could you steam change the fridays bench and press from 1-2-3RM to "normal" 1x5RM as suposed to acording to the origianl?

So, I don't know about you folks, but I am a lazy bastard and I bring my iphone to the gym anyways to listen to music. I also hate carrying around a training log. Thus, I have imported the TM Spreadsheet into Google Docs and got it working there, plus a few additions and tweaks. I don't know if SteamRoxorz is still working on this, but the version I got was actually a modified version from some dude on Reddit.

Anyways, you should be able to access my updated version here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mc&usp=sharing

As long as you have a google account you can then make your own copy of it to your google drive, then install the Google Docs app on either your Android or iPhone, and voila; Portable, instant, all your warm ups and progression.

If you want to see how it looks all filled out, here's my current TM sheet (link will probably break when I archive it): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UE&usp=sharing

Edit: I enabled comments on the blank spreadsheet so you can always leave them there as well.
    EditEdit: Am working on a bastardized version that just runs vanilla SS (will probably make a Phase 1 & 2 version) for some people I coach. Will post here when its finished.
    Last edited by strideknight; 11-05-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Thanks for this SteamRoxorz, nice work!

Very important to remember when doing the Texas Method is that Monday will NOT be 5 sets all the time. If you get overtrained, you decrease the number of sets on Monday. If you get undertrained, you increase the number of sets on Monday.

Excellent necroposting

starting strength coach development program
    Nvm...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast