starting strength gym

Thread: RDL programming

Default RDL programming

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Andy- the Deadlift is my weakest lift. and Ive gotten several helpful pieces of advice here at SS, one of which was to use RDLs as assistance. It really helped - but there were a couple of opinions about rep schemes and I was curious to get yours. Ive started to add an extra pull for every session and its something like this so far.

Mon - RDLs, pullups/chins 3 to failuri- or db rows. 2x8 - usually all I can manage.
    Weds- Cleans 5x3 " "
    Fri - Deadlift - cable rows.

My deadlift goal is 405 for summer - Im at 355 now. 3 weeks back in from a couple months off. 44yrs, 195lbs.

Do you like RDLS for higher or lower reps when done as assistance? Other advice?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JM3 View Post
    Hi Andy- the Deadlift is my weakest lift. and Ive gotten several helpful pieces of advice here at SS, one of which was to use RDLs as assistance. It really helped - but there were a couple of opinions about rep schemes and I was curious to get yours. Ive started to add an extra pull for every session and its something like this so far.

Mon - RDLs, pullups/chins 3 to failuri- or db rows. 2x8 - usually all I can manage.
    Weds- Cleans 5x3 " "
    Fri - Deadlift - cable rows.

My deadlift goal is 405 for summer - Im at 355 now. 3 weeks back in from a couple months off. 44yrs, 195lbs.

Do you like RDLS for higher or lower reps when done as assistance? Other advice?
    Thanks
    Actually both. A nice way to use them is to pull a deadlift for a heavy single, then back off with a heavy set of 5 on an SLDL/RDL and then another back off of 10 of an SLDL/RDL.