starting strength gym
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The Great Density Block Experiment of 2017

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Used DBs this summer for press. Never tested my1RM, but prior to starting, my 1RM was 180. After several weeks, my 3RM was 180. I also benchmark press progress on the other end and every so often, test my rep max at 135l during the DB experiment, I also drove my max 1 set of 135 from 8 to 12 reps (11 reps and 1 horrid lift that merely resembled a press but managed somehow to get the bar locked out).

The reason I stopped using DB's for now was that the extra high intensity volume I could handle while in the gym, but at night after a DB workout, my shoulder would make horrible click/crack and "realign" itself while I slept. This occurred only on very, very intense DB nights. Although I was getting stronger, this was a clear sign that my body couldn't handle the high intensity volume I was subjecting it to.

For clarification, DB = density block, not dumbbell.

I did a bunch of density blocks because I was bored. I pretty much stopped flat benching too. I lost strength on all major lifts except incline dumbell flys, the 6th big lift. I did improve dramatically at chins, I lost fat, and my chesticles grew. At this point chin ups feel mo more difficult than standing up from a chair. But I didn't do the program. I didn't do any program. I kind of just bro'd out for a little while. So take from it what you will. . . . Time to get back on a plan. . . .

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by OZ-USF-UFGator View Post
    The reason I stopped using DB's for now was that the extra high intensity volume I could handle while in the gym, but at night after a DB workout, my shoulder would make horrible click/crack and "realign" itself while I slept. This occurred only on very, very intense DB nights. Although I was getting stronger, this was a clear sign that my body couldn't handle the high intensity volume I was subjecting it to.

For clarification, DB = density block, not dumbbell.
    Did you do the same DB program described here, or something else?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910