Quote Originally Posted by VikingCellist View Post
    IIRC 249 or 299
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Montgomery View Post
    Um, is that:
    $249
    $24.90
    or
    $2.49

Seems like there should be a decimal in there somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by brettj View Post
    It was 199
    amazing

Quote Originally Posted by cgeorg View Post
    amazing
    This is a forum where there is a ten billion page thread about filling your garage with silly equipment, but paying money for decent programming surprises you?

This is a forum where there is a ten billion page thread about filling your garage with silly equipment, but paying money for decent programming surprises you?
    Meh, I see both your points. The amount itself is not that bad all things considered, but relative to similar products which are often free but require an e-mail address (like for instance the Bridge or ProgrammingToWin), 200$ is far steeper than normal.

I'll be interested in these when they come back up for sale. Can you provide a brief description of what is in the package? Obviously I don't mean specifics about programming info, but I've heard mention now of a "hypertrophy" and "strength" block. What other blocks are in there? Also, is there some information in there about how to assemble these blocks in succession that would help lead to a certain outcome? As a middle-aged hobby lifter, I also don't feel like I need/want coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Euby View Post
    I'll be interested in these when they come back up for sale. Can you provide a brief description of what is in the package? Obviously I don't mean specifics about programming info, but I've heard mention now of a "hypertrophy" and "strength" block. What other blocks are in there? Also, is there some information in there about how to assemble these blocks in succession that would help lead to a certain outcome? As a middle-aged hobby lifter, I also don't feel like I need/want coaching.
    There is a Novice LP, a 12 week strength block, 7 week hypertrophy block, 7 week endurance block, and 4 week time crunch plan. These aren't just weekly templates but rather fleshed out periodized programs. The strength block for instance starts with 1 week low stress, then 4 weeks volume accumulation, then ramps up the intensity and dials down the volume up until the final test week. All of the intensity prescriptions are in RPE, so you have to be familiar with this, or willing to learn, otherwise definitely not for you.

There is advice on how to assemble the blocks, but that part isn't really that complicated. There is also an RPE guide, but nothing really new here that you can't read in the Bridge at this point. There's also an RPE calculator, and logging system that I haven't touched. The whole thing is in a spreadsheet and isn't the most user friendly to figure out honestly, but is manageable if you have half a brain.

People have commented on the price, but the other programming options I considered were from Juggernaut Training systems which sells all their programming templates for the same price, and Reactive Training Systems which I think is up there too in price. Definitely more expensive than some other options out there (Andy's for instance) but a lot cheaper than coaching or a programming consult.

There is a Novice LP, a 12 week strength block, 7 week hypertrophy block, 7 week endurance block, and 4 week time crunch plan. These aren't just weekly templates but rather fleshed out periodized programs. The strength block for instance starts with 1 week low stress, then 4 weeks volume accumulation, then ramps up the intensity and dials down the volume up until the final test week. All of the intensity prescriptions are in RPE, so you have to be familiar with this, or willing to learn, otherwise definitely not for you.

There is advice on how to assemble the blocks, but that part isn't really that complicated. There is also an RPE guide, but nothing really new here that you can't read in the Bridge at this point. There's also an RPE calculator, and logging system that I haven't touched. The whole thing is in a spreadsheet and isn't the most user friendly to figure out honestly, but is manageable if you have half a brain.

People have commented on the price, but the other programming options I considered were from Juggernaut Training systems which sells all their programming templates for the same price, and Reactive Training Systems which I think is up there too in price. Definitely more expensive than some other options out there (Andy's for instance) but a lot cheaper than coaching or a programming consult.
    Be better if he'd consider selling the programs separately. I have no interest in running another novice LP, doing a 4 week time crunch, or an endurance block.

Be better if he'd consider selling the programs separately. I have no interest in running another novice LP, doing a 4 week time crunch, or an endurance block.
    He has also sold some of them separately.

I don't at the moment, but I can see all those being valuable. If he sold them individually but also offered the bulk package at a slight discount, then that would be advantageous for everyone perhaps. For me though the chance to learn from the structure of each program would be worth the price of entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Leah Lutz View Post
    He has also sold some of them separately.
    Guess I wasn't subscribed to his newsletter when he did that...

starting strength coach development program

Out of curiosity, is Jordans novice program different than the standard SSLP?

Anyone know why he doesn't leave the programs up for sale? Seems like an odd decision from a business perspective.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast