starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jordan's 8 Week Intermediate Programs

Default Jordan's 8 Week Intermediate Programs

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Has anyone purchased Jordan's 8 week intermediate programs when he put those out for a limited time? If so, can anyone talk about their experience running those programs?

I'm especially curious about the hypertrophy focused one...

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Bo View Post
    Has anyone purchased Jordan's 8 week intermediate programs when he put those out for a limited time? If so, can anyone talk about their experience running those programs?

I'm especially curious about the hypertrophy focused one...
    Guess I missed the memo. Bummer.

Bought these and just finished running the hypertrophy block actually. If you check my log, I actually wrote up a brief summary of it a couple of days ago.

Yeah, only running customized Bridge cause those templates were above what I was willing to pay and I don't want to run his 4 week strength block over and over again, kinda wished I yolod tho...

Nice write-up brettj, could probably reverse-engineer something close from your work, but you didn't reveal the details, so I guess that's a legit review. Do his whole cycle and review it please, and I can reverse-engineer a cycle for myself Running more distinct blocks is something I'd like to try.

Quote Originally Posted by perman View Post
    Yeah, only running customized Bridge cause those templates were above what I was willing to pay and I don't want to run his 4 week strength block over and over again, kinda wished I yolod tho...

Nice write-up brettj, could probably reverse-engineer something close from your work, but you didn't reveal the details, so I guess that's a legit review. Do his whole cycle and review it please, and I can reverse-engineer a cycle for myself Running more distinct blocks is something I'd like to try.
    Haha, ya you could probably figure out the basics of the hypertrophy block at least by going through my log. Sorry Jordan... Anyways when I purchased this he also sent the old templates they sold in February, and they are quite different, so I imagine if he sells templates again they will again be updated. So still worth purchasing even if you have the old ones I'd imagine.

I've never bought any other programming, so nothing to really compare this to, but I'm quite happy with it. My particular price point is that I am not interested in coaching at all, but I got so frustrated trying to figure out programming that I was willing to pay a decent price to get something good. I'm okay with a gilded lily I guess.

It's definitely got it's own style that took a while to adjust to, especially for someone who's never ventured outside of SS and TM before. The free template and The Bridge gives a good idea of what it's kind of like - RPE, submaximal sets, rep ranges other than 5, variations of the main lifts, etc. If you're not down with that stuff, probably not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by perman View Post

What was Jordan charging for those templates?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Montgomery View Post
    What was Jordan charging for those templates?
    IIRC 249 or 299

Quote Originally Posted by VikingCellist View Post
    IIRC 249 or 299
    Um, is that:
    $249
    $24.90
    or
    $2.49

Seems like there should be a decimal in there somewhere.

It was 199

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by brettj View Post
    Haha, ya you could probably figure out the basics of the hypertrophy block at least by going through my log. Sorry Jordan... Anyways when I purchased this he also sent the old templates they sold in February, and they are quite different, so I imagine if he sells templates again they will again be updated. So still worth purchasing even if you have the old ones I'd imagine.

I've never bought any other programming, so nothing to really compare this to, but I'm quite happy with it. My particular price point is that I am not interested in coaching at all, but I got so frustrated trying to figure out programming that I was willing to pay a decent price to get something good. I'm okay with a gilded lily I guess.

It's definitely got it's own style that took a while to adjust to, especially for someone who's never ventured outside of SS and TM before. The free template and The Bridge gives a good idea of what it's kind of like - RPE, submaximal sets, rep ranges other than 5, variations of the main lifts, etc. If you're not down with that stuff, probably not for you.
    Thanks for the review, hopefully he will rerelease something like that in the future.

I tried one of his free intermediate programs (not The Bridge) and really enjoyed it, so I thought these would be great too. It has a similar set up and uses RPE too, but having the ability to focus on hypertrophy or conditioning is a big plus for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast