starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your Favorite Deadlift Assistance

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hanley View Post
    Snatch grip RDLs. Go very light.
    I've been doing a bunch of those lately, loooooving them.

Since I only have 48h in between heavy squats and heavy deadlifts, I needed a REALLY LIGHT pull (I already work chins, rows and so on on upper body days). First I used to do regular RDLs but I found I couldn't go hard at all, otherwise I would compromise my next DL session 48h later. SGRDL have been a blessing in this context, and I also like the different kind of back stimulus that they provide - pretty specific for tightness on the regular DL too!

Btw, I've been using around 60% of what I would use on regular DLs for a given rep range & RPE.

I am not a lifter but I found SLDL from deficit, helped healing sciatic pain.

OK, last night I started Stiff leg SGDL. I performed 2 X 10 @185. My YMCA has thick bars and I was surprised that on set 2, my grip failed at rep 5. I took a 3 second rest for reps 5-10.

I'll add 10# per session and keep doing 2 sets, letting the reps naturally titrate down to 5, then pull some weight off and re-set at 10 reps and repeat. that should last me several months.

Quote Originally Posted by OZ-USF-UFGator View Post
    OK, last night I started Stiff leg SGDL.
    Stiff leg snatch grip deads?

I couldn't possibly get into position on such a movement. Are you certain you're getting your spine set?

I couldn't possibly get into position on such a movement. Are you certain you're getting your spine set?
    Pfft, that's nothing, stiff-legged snatch-grip deficit deadlifts is the obvious assistance exercise for the deadlift:

Deficit sumos have been good to my sumo and conventional. Use a moderate stance and load the bar with 35s. I have also gotten a lot out of speed pulls and glute ham raises.

No, not certain. I should record it, but I grab with pinky's on the knurling ring and each rep hits the floor.

starting strength coach development program

No, not certain. I should record it, but I grab with pinky's on the knurling ring and each rep hits the floor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12