starting strength gym

Thread: L.I.S.S. cardio recommendation?

Default L.I.S.S. cardio recommendation?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Andy,

I wanted to know if you could recommend a LISS protocol for me? I'm looking to improve my cardiovascular health--play with my nephew a bit, flag football with friends, general health, etc. I'm 32 yrs old, and after a long hiatus, I've been training for the last several months so my lifting numbers have returned to place: squatting 300x5, deadlifts at 370x5, bench 225x5 and ohp at 145x5. Running advanced novice right now.

I prefer LISS because my apartment has a couple of treadmills for our building gym, but please let me know if you think there is something else that is better suited for my goals.

Thanks.

Hands free Incline Treadmill walk is one of my favorites.

Set the TM up at a slow to moderate speed and crank incline up as high as you can tolerate and don't hold onto the handrails on the side or the front. Work on building up the incline to the highest level and only then do you increase speed. 20-30 mins of hard work at highest incline is plenty for general cardiovascular improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker (KSC) View Post
    Hands free Incline Treadmill walk is one of my favorites.

Set the TM up at a slow to moderate speed and crank incline up as high as you can tolerate and don't hold onto the handrails on the side or the front. Work on building up the incline to the highest level and only then do you increase speed. 20-30 mins of hard work at highest incline is plenty for general cardiovascular improvement.

Thank you sir! Much appreciated.