starting strength gym

Thread: Flexible template w/ volume&intensity

Default Flexible template w/ volume&intensity

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi coach!

I got this idea for a 3x/week full body intermediate template that has 12 different workouts in 4 weeks:

A1
    Squat volume
    Bench intensity
    Bb row (light pull variation)

B1
    Light squat 2-3 sets
    Press volume
    Deadlift intensity

A2
    Squat intensity
    Bench volume
    Bb row

B2
    Light squat 2-3 sets
    Press intensity
    Deadlift volume

Volume work would cycle as you prescribed on your youtube video (and you had article about it too I believe).
    Intensity work would be 3's, 2's 1's across and light squat would be 60-70% with same rep range that volume work was previously done.

I came up with this, because I need flexibility to my training week and wanted to add some frequency to my squat again. (Previously did A/B style sq/bp, dl/pr 3x/week) I can usually always train 3x/week, but days I train vary from week to week.

Any drawbacks you see with this setup? Boring it may be for some, but I like it simple.

Best regards!

Sami

I like that set up actually. Seems like a reasonable program. I'm a fan of training weeks that don't all look identical. Varying the nature of the stress a bit from week to week is useful in the longer term, physically and mentally.

I actually planned this setup because of that mental part. It really gets to my head if I run a basic hlm and have to reschedule my sessions too often. Like doing medium squats on saturday and heavy squats only 48h later. Not a big deadl if this happens every now and then, but...

I hear you. Gotta set up a schedule that conforms to your life and situation. Very rigid plans can be good but don't work for everyone.