starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Combining Starting Strength with martial arts

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbeckwith View Post
    Sorry, if I'm hijacking the thread, but this is related so I figured I'd ask it here:

I'm in a similar boat, but my MA classes are Monday and Wednesday nights (with no other times available). My attendance hadn't been great for a few months, because I was building a house; so, I'm not in a position to cut back. I know it's going to hurt LP, but my classes are my biggest priority. I know I wouldn't be doing the program, but I'd rather progress much slower than cut back. What would suggest in my situation? I heard the guys from Barbell Logic mention a Heavy-Light-Heavy format towards the end of LP; would anything like that make sense? Again, I don't care if it means it takes me 9 months to squat 300 lbs, instead of 3.
    I've taken left-hooks from fast dudes with 550# squats.

Get strong. Fuck the classes.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hanley View Post
    I've taken left-hooks from fast dudes with 550# squats.

Get strong. Fuck the classes.
    I agree wholeheartedly with this. Although my squat is not 550, I have gotten decently strong on Starting Strength (squatting 180kg for doubles) while practicing full contact karate and I have won competitions solely because of my low kicks. I attribute their effectiveness to my strength gains.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12