starting strength gym

Thread: Interm. Trainee coming back from Vacation to Interm. Program or back to SSLP?

Default Interm. Trainee coming back from Vacation to Interm. Program or back to SSLP?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I definitively ran out my SSLP and have been on a 4 day TM variation for a couple of months making consistent progress. I have a vacation coming up in Europe that will cause a 9 day hiatus. Upon my return, should I try and re-acclimate myself by using SSLP again or should I continue using my 4 day split and lower the weight? I think the book only outlines this scenario if you are currently a novice.

Broh, it's nine days. Keep on with TM, but maybe drop back one week. Your gains won't shrivel up that fast. You will, however, be pretty sore after that first WO back.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8shutr View Post
    Broh, it's nine days. Keep on with TM, but maybe drop back one week. Your gains won't shrivel up that fast. You will, however, be pretty sore after that first WO back.
    Yep. 9 days isn't that bad. Enjoy the trip and relax from lifting for a bit. I also thinking dropping back a week on TM is a good idea when you get back.