starting strength gym

Thread: Occasional bare bones week

Default Occasional bare bones week

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Andy,

I picked up your Garage Gym Warrior and Strength and Mass over 40 programs, and decided to run SM40 first. It's the best thing that ever happened to my press and bench.

I travel for work about 35 weeks per year and usually 2 of those trips put me in situations where I have very little time each day to get to the gym. Next week is one of those times and it falls on the heavy week. Would the best thing be to just hit the main exercise for the prescribed reps and cut out all assistance, or should I add some extra backoff sets? In the past, I just deloaded and resumed the following week, but I already deload every 7th week, so I'd like to avoid that.

I will probably be running GGW in the next year or so, what would an absolute bare bones week look like on that program? Assuming of course that 95% of the time the program is run as written.

Male, 41 years, 6'1", 225 lbs.

I'm a huge fan of all your work, Thanks!

Do the main work sets and then it's probably quicker just to hit a few higher rep back offs or just get in whatever assistance you can. Usually we have more time than we think once we get going. if not, then just do the bare minimum and go home. You'll live.