starting strength gym

Thread: Switching Programs

Default Switching Programs

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello, I was wondering if you guys think I should switch to starting strength? I started running wendlers 531 for about 10 months and all my lifts have gone up. Current stats 5'5, 150 pounds. My current lifts are:
    squat: 275 lbs
    Bench: 230 lbs
    Deadlift: 365

Do you think I could make better progress running starting strength or should I keep running 531?

The rule of thumb is that you're a novice until proven otherwise. So if you've never run a novice linear progression before then it may benefit you to do so. That said, it may not last for very long especially if you do not also decide to gain some weight.

Quote Originally Posted by fattybuff View Post
    Hello, I was wondering if you guys think I should switch to starting strength? I started running wendlers 531 for about 10 months and all my lifts have gone up. Current stats 5'5, 150 pounds. My current lifts are:
    squat: 275 lbs
    Bench: 230 lbs
    Deadlift: 365

Do you think I could make better progress running starting strength or should I keep running 531?
    Great numbers for your body weight. How old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by CovBloke View Post
    Great numbers for your body weight. How old are you?
    I am 28, been lifting on and off for the past 5 years but havent been able to lift heavy for the last 3 or 4 years due to injury.

Any question of the form "Should I stop doing 5/3/1 and do X?" the answer will almost always be, yea, do X. Ok I'm exaggerating. I'd say you could've done far worse than 5/3/1. Chances are you'd benefit from running an LP.

I'm curious, what injury are you working with?