Working weights:
    PC - 55kg (120 lbs) 5x3
    DL - 120kg (265lbs)1x5
    SQ - 90kg (200lbs) 3x5
    BP - 65kg (145lbs) 3x5
    OHP - 45kg (100lbs) 3x5
    Currently @ Workout 16, week 6 of SSLP

BACKGROUND:
    I'm a recreational lifter. 5th year medical student. Not involved in any kind of sports. Just interested in lifting weights and getting strong.
    I started PCing on week 4 of SSLP. I used the up-down progression advocated by Ripp and titrated my weight to 50kg (110 lbs). Next PC workout I did 50 5x3. My most recent PC workout was 55kg (120 lbs) - a complete disaster. I totally wrecked myself - sore collarbone, slipping grip, not finishing the pull, sore elbow cuz of arm pull, missed reps, dropped bar - the whole package. I have read the PC chapter several times, watched the videos ( SS Channel, Art of Manliness ) a dozen times, I know the cues and how the form should look like. I can most certainly identify my mistakes but the execution is very hard for me.

LAST 3 PC WORKOUTS:
    YouTube
    YouTube
    YouTube

GOALS:
    1) To be big and strong
    2) To finish LP in the most optimal way for strength development
    3) To participate in a powerlifting meet in the near 1-2 years

THE QUESTION:
    At this stage is the PC enough to drive my DL up?

I've read that there is no point in doing PCing if it's not in the 50-70% range of your DL in order to drive progress on it.
    Given my situation I would have to reduce the PC load in order to learn proper form again. I was thinking about going down to 40kg (90lbs) and start from there.
    I was also considering doing Barbell Rows 3x5. At this stage I'm still not experienced to make the call. I want the most optimal way (for strength) to run the SSLP and that's why I'm asking you guys for help.

What is your advice - should I reset and try the PC again or should I switch to rows ? ( What would be the best bang for your buck )

No, at this stage your PC is not going to drive your Deadlift. If you seriously want to clean you'll need in person coaching. Power Clean coaching really must be provided in real time. At this point you can deadlift at every workout or every other workout and then just do chins on non-DL days. As an intermediate you'll do better with a deadlift variation on your lighter or medium pulling days. Lighter deads for speed, stiff legs, etc.