starting strength gym

Thread: GGW - after Cycle 1?

Default GGW - after Cycle 1?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Andy,

Thanks for the GGW program.

I ran LP in a YNDTP fashion for a year or so, with several resets for form corrections and such, and then ran a few years of 5-3-1, then various other programs poorly attempted, etc etc. Long story short: I realized I'm a a fairly weak intermediate and should run a good intermediate program. I started on GGW with the following stats: 41 years old 6-2, 195#, 16% BF (estimate from Navy calculator), eating 4000-4500 calories/day. Lifts: 130# OHP 200# BP 250# SQ 350# DL

I'm in the midst of testing week. It has gone well so far: DL 370# (almost got a second at 370, but lumbar was rounding a bit, so I dropped it.) and OHP 135X2. I plan to complete testing week, and run another cycle. I may emphasize bench next cycle, depending on how testing goes for bench.

What do you recommend for light workouts prior to beginning next cycle? I'm thinking of repeating week 12 for 2 weeks, except swapping a light bench in on one of the two press workouts, maybe adding in some light chins too.

Just take one week light and then restart. Beginning of the GGW program is fairly easy anyways.

Thanks Coach.