starting strength gym

Thread: Programming chins and back extensions

Default Programming chins and back extensions

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I think this is a question I am gonna have to answer myself but I feel the need to ask it anyway. I don't have access to a back extension chair. Should I do my chins ups after power cleans or do dead lift/power cleans alternating and chins up ever other workout? Should I just leave back extensions out or maybe do RDLs or stiff legged dead lift? I think I am gonna alternate dead lift and power cleans and chin up every other work out and probly leave back extension out with no sub. I just thought I d ask for some thoughts on this.

Height/weight/age/sex?

My answer is different based on demographic.

41 year old male 5ft5" almost 160lbs

Ok, then I’d suggest you do your deadlifts on A day and power cleans on B day with chins added after either day (pick either just stay consistent with it). After PCs would be preferred though. If you aren’t recovering well from that set up then I’d switch to this: deadlift -> chin -> power clean -> chin -> repeat.

Ok, I ll probly alternate deads and cleans on A day and chins on B day mostly because 5sets of 3 with power cleans then 3 sets of chin ups to failure might just be too long of a workout and would rather focus on quality of the lifts. Cleans and chins on the same day might take too long and I ll just leave back extensions out because I don't have a chair for them.