starting strength gym

Thread: GGW adjustments?

Default GGW adjustments?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Andy,

My wife is 59yo, about 170lbs, 5'7" and these were her 1RM's for the start of GGW:

SQ=210lbs
    OP= 82lbs
    BP=125lbs
    DL=250lbs

We plugged in these numbers and everything has been going well until week #5. She felt really fatigued so I suggested skipping her light Wed workout and doing Friday's workout on Thursday. She had no problem finishing the week. With the 3-day rest (Fri, Sat, Sun), I figured she'd be good for week #6. She did Monday okay (no missed reps; form good) but felt really tired going into Wednesday. She pushed through the fatigue and finished all sets for all light day exercises, but had to push off Friday's workout to Saturday.

Her sleep and diet have been normal and she has no known health issues, so I'm not sure why she's so fatigued. Any guidance on how to possibly tweak GGW for an older gal who likes lifting heavy things? I suspect her neuromuscular efficiency may be having a more pronounced effect now that the 1RM percentages are going up.

As always, thank you for all that you do for us here!!!

If scheduling is not a huge issue for you, then keep doing what you are doing and slot in extra rest days between sessions as needed. That is the simplest fix without monkeying around with sets/reps