starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Switch to Texas Method or Keep Resetting?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Got it. I'm going to try to incorporate back off sets for my squats for the time being and switch to a more HLM/TM type routine for my bench/OHP. Thanks for the advice, everyone.

So in your opinion, once my squats stop progressing, one of those adjusted TM programs in Feigenbaum's article would be appropriate? I downloaded The Bridge and while I like the variety, all the RPE stuff is frankly a little confusing/intimidating. I've looked up conversion tables for percentages --> RPE, but there's some discrepancy depending on which one you look at and they don't seem very reliable. I'm worried I'd low/high ball the weight and negatively affect my results. I may still give it a try though, as it's only an 8 week program.

For those who have experience with RPE, what's the learning curve like?

Well, you seem determined to make a change, but consider this.

Im a 300+lb detrained 40yr old who started SSNLP in September, and we have about the same numbers on the major lifts.

I'm willing to bet a healthy/low weight 25yr old like yourself has A LOT more linear progression than my old ass does.

Sorry, I cant edit the previous post.

But if you are determined to make a change, check out "The Bridge" from Jordan and Austin.

starting strength coach development program
    Im a 300+lb detrained 40yr old who started SSNLP in September, and we have about the same numbers on the major lifts.

I'm willing to bet a healthy/low weight 25yr old like yourself has A LOT more linear progression than my old ass does.
    I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. I've been on the Novice LP longer than you and I weigh 100 lbs less than you. If you're at my numbers, that's what, a roughly BW squat and deadlift, 3/4 BW bench, and a less than half BW press after like a month of training? I was a little past those ratios at your point in the NLP, but then again I'm a "low weight" 25 year old, not an obese 40 year old, so our respective progress seems appropriate to me.

In order to continue linear progress at this point, I have to continue to gain more body weight per week than I'm willing. I know that you have to eat to make progress, and I've gained around 10 lbs over roughly 2 months, but I have zero interest in continuing to bulk up at this pace just for the sake of milking the LP. I know that's against the ideology of a lot of the people in the SS community, but my goals are just different. I'm only 25 and I'm not trying to compete or anything (at least not anytime soon). I've got time to gain weight and strength.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12