starting strength gym

Thread: Trying to come back strong?

Default Trying to come back strong?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello everyone.

I have a quick question that I am need of some advice on. Long story short, I have been very inconsistent lately with hitting the gym and eating correctly due to my class and clinical schedule and the way the gym schedule is set up with sports at my college. I am finally getting some normalcy back and am curious about what program to do. I trained really consistently from last August to this past may and hit a 360 lb squat, 405 deadlift, and a 230 bench. I pretty much just maintained over the summer and have been lucky to get one day in the gym per week recently. I want to start hitting it consistently next week to regain my strength, add strength, and to slowly drop some of the extra body fat I have accumulated. Should I just run the basic SS setup as is or a modified version? Or something like the texas method? I am just curious based on my previous lifts and such. Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

Yes run the SS LP. Start out just like you would if you were doing it the first time—a good set of five where the bar speed starts to slow a little. Build up from there. It won’t last as long but you will know when it’s time to switch to an intermediate program. A lot of people have success with the Bridge, Andy Bakers programming, and 4 day splits once their LP is over.

If you are lifting relatively close to what you were before, then you may want to go straight to advanced novice phase in SS LP.

Yea at least give LP a go bc why not? At worst you'll discover you're not a novice and you can switch to intermediate programming. At best, you make some really quick gains at appropriate volume/intensity so that you're better set up for when you do switch to intermediate programming.

Thanks everyone! I think I'll give the basic LP setup a go until I stall and then maybe switch to the Advanced Novice setup.