starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strength and mass after 40 program testimonials

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm 71, ran it as written for quite a long time as a solid intermediate, gaining about 10 lbs per month to a 4-lift total. Had to stop, but when I stopped I was very competitive for my size and weight. When I start back up again, it will be LP for a few weeks, and right back on the program, but perhaps spread out a hair for more recovery.

Wow man nice^

starting strength coach development program
    I, too, made decent gainzzz(tm) on the SM+40 program.

--that it allowed for some assistance work (LTE's, shrugs, rows, curls) along with the main lifts
    --the rotating rep ranges with the increasing intensity

Problems:
    --I work a 12hr shift with one two-day work week and one 5-day work week. This program was a bitch every other week when 3 of 4 workouts came at the end of my 12hr shift
    --I think Ben mentioned a lack of volume during triples and singles weeks and I concur

Summary:
    Overall, an excellent program. I was able to work it for almost a year before fatigue really set in. Even then, I ran it as a 3-day/wk program and was able to make some gains for another couple of months before my lifts crashed (SQ/OP/BP -- all about the same time....DL wasn't really affected).

I am now finishing up GGW, also by Andy. I like the simplicity; the 'back to basics' design; and the full-body workout. It also has more volume and less intensity overall than SM+40. Works better with my schedule, too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12