starting strength gym

Thread: Hlm advice on a looong cut.

Default Hlm advice on a looong cut.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Andy, I was wondering if you could give me some programming advice. Im going through a significant weight loss, 170 pounds down so far towards my goal of dropping 200 pounds( from 374-174). Had thought to focus on bodybuilding type programming but decided that didn't make sense at an 1800ish calories a day lol so I wanted to focus on maintaining/building what strength I can on six main lifts like this.
    Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings run the 3 powerlifts heavy light medium style, then the evenings of those same days running power snatches, power cleans and push presses in a similar format, hlm. I agree with you that frequency is key on a cut as the lifts feel different as weight keeps coming down.

So my question is 1)would you expect something like this to work under my circumstances, and 2) would it make more sense to run the Olympic stuff Tuesday Thursday Saturday, making it a six day a week program? I'm already used to training 6 days a week and enjoy it but thought doubling up then having a full days rest might be better for the cns and low back. Only additional stuff would be the chins,curls,calves and abs in moderation and 7-10 km of brisk walking a day.

Sorry for the wall of text but it's been a long road and sometimes you need an outside perspective. Love the videos you've been putting out, they are super-infomative.

How old are you?

Almost 42.

I think you are gonna have a hard time recovering from that workload