starting strength gym

Thread: Low Back Pain

Default Low Back Pain

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Andy,

I have been using 4 Day Texas Method programming as of late and have been responding really well to it. Your idea of cycling volume has been a lifesaver since that 5x5 at 90% of my best 5rm was really starting to wear me down.
    Two days a week I perform some easy conditioning. One day I do 15 minutes of HIIT, usually after my squat volume session, and the other day I perform 30 minutes of steady state cardio. The last two weeks I noticed that after my steady state sessions my lower back is really hurting. I think it is due to weak muscles in my hamstrings and low back. I train in my basement gym and have limited access to equipment. Would RDLs or SLDLs be a good choice for strengthening my lower back and hamstrings? I am thinking of subbing them in for my volume deadlift days in place of the regular deadlift.

What are you doing for your cardio?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker (KSC) View Post
    What are you doing for your cardio?
    I am doing 30 minutes of incline walking one day a week and HIIT on an exercise bike for 15 minutes one day a week.

Might be the inclined treadmill. Bothers some people. Try doing something else for steady state and see if the problem goes away