starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barbell Prescription HLM Programming Question

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by OZ-USF-UFGator View Post
    What percent weight of flat bench do you use for the Swiss bar, for the equivalent # of reps?
    Not sure what the exact % is because I have done very little straight bar benching, but it is definitely less. For sets of 5 I'd guesstimate that it is 15-20lbs for me. So 187 (the bar is 22lbs, so wonky numbers) swiss bar would be 200 straight bar. I think I did 200x1 swiss bar when I could do 225 straight bar.

FWIW I also do all my benching starting off the pins and barely touching them each rep because of no spotter and having a hard time getting tight when unracking the bar alone.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Not sure what the exact % is because I have done very little straight bar benching, but it is definitely less. For sets of 5 I'd guesstimate that it is 15-20lbs for me. So 187 (the bar is 22lbs, so wonky numbers) swiss bar would be 200 straight bar. I think I did 200x1 swiss bar when I could do 225 straight bar.

FWIW I also do all my benching starting off the pins and barely touching them each rep because of no spotter and having a hard time getting tight when unracking the bar alone.
    Interesting; thanks. I am always interested in ratios among different lifts and different versions of the lifts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123