starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about programming around and for police physical Jan 14

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    First, you need to do a mock test. Before I am able to give you any meaningful programming or conditioning suggestions, I need a benchmark and context. Are you trying to max (or close as possible), or just pass? It takes 2-4 weeks to gain or lose cardio/endurance conditioning, and you are running out of time!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Franklin View Post
    First, you need to do a mock test. Before I am able to give you any meaningful programming or conditioning suggestions, I need a benchmark and context. Are you trying to max (or close as possible), or just pass? It takes 2-4 weeks to gain or lose cardio/endurance conditioning, and you are running out of time!
    I'm curious, what's this based on, is it just to the level typically needed for PT? It seems like a very short time even to peak, and if you wanted to max your potential that takes years.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by BitPlayer View Post
    I'm curious, what's this based on, is it just to the level typically needed for PT? It seems like a very short time even to peak, and if you wanted to max your potential that takes years.
    I’m going to take a guesss and assume that it’s because the main adaptive response is to get more efficient at carrying oxygen, not necessarily building anything which takes a considerable amount of time and energy (like building muscle and getting strong). having to get good at a mile and a half seems pretty trivial and doesn’t need much training to pass requirements.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12